Saturday, September 19, 2009

Corn in the neighborhood







My neighbor is growing corn in their front yard, in the space between the sidewalk and the street. I'm not sure what that strip of greenery is called. The corn is stunted somehow, in too short. I was taking pictures of it the other day and some video. I realized that I enjoy a capturing moments of nature in my backyard so to speak. On that video I enjoyed when the wind swept through and you could hear a dog barking in the background. It was capturing a brief moment in time.

With the photography I enjoy taking macro shots of the shapes that the cornstalks make. Discovering the structures of how the plant grows. Breaking down the overall forms into individual shapes. With the macro lens on I could really see the shapes and forms and also the veining and leaves.

I think I would like to videotape other segments of my own garden and possibly other local spots.

No comments:

Post a Comment