Sunday, August 16, 2009

Cleaning off the studio desk






Cleaning off my studio desk, getting ready for a new project. I find remnants of past activities blackened rolls from the tip of my erasers. So multiplied that when held in my hand they blackened my palm. My former white desk carries gray marks and dribbled dot of glue. I think of attacking it with Mr. clean scrub bar. But does it really need to be that clean? Possibly not it is an art desk after all. Unless it starts rubbing graphite onto my fabrics then that would be a problem.

I found other things on the desk unfinished drawings, natural artifacts (more on these later), items that should not be on art desk that were slowly sneaking in and taking over, and unfilled odds and ends. The first activity on the clean desk was stitching.

No comments:

Post a Comment